Tubuo Evaristus Tohmuntain aka T Son Evas aka #wainkomforlife is a young, vibrant, confident and talented Cameroonian Singer, Songwriter and Actor who has been trending on a low profile since 2010 in the entertainment industry till date.
From his own mouth, he introduces himself better to the world…
T Son Evas…
I was born on the 08th of October 1987 in Njinikom (NW Region) to the most hyped folkloric Musician and designer (modern and traditional wares) in Cameroon—Bobe Yerima Afo-Akom and Winifred Bih. I did my elementary education in Government School Njinikom (class 1-3), Catholic School Bayele (class4) and St. Anthony Catholic School Njinikom (class 5-7). I also did my Secondary education in Jua Memorial College Njinikom (form 1-2), later moved to English High School Yaounde (form 3-5), then Lycee Etoug-ebe Yaounde (where I obtained my O and A’ Levels). I later on moved to the University of Buea in 2009 where I obtained a BSC in Management in 2013. My Academic journey was like swimming against the tights coupled with some retardation in obtaining my public certificates. This is because the passion of becoming an Actor and a Musician eclipsed my whole being and my soul was compelled to navigate with academics and passion simultaneously. Today, my indefatigable and indomitable love for music and acting has brought me this far though not that far.
My childhood life was that of any other child then in the village with no dreams of being iconic in future. My first dream however was to become a Priest in the Catholic Church. This dream started petering out when I later changed my mind to becoming an Actor and a Musician the year I moved to Yaounde. I was still committed to serve God even in my field of passion and today my commitment is the same. My love to do music and acting grew tremendously and quickly. It was not an easy bone to swallow for the dad who frowned at my average performances in exams back then in school. He then became very furious and threatened to ridicule me if I dare involve myself in extracurricular activities (mass serving, choir performances and film acting). I understood he wanted the best for me to become an Accountant or Manager in a big Bank someday and to throw away the idea of doing music like him (what he described as waste of time). Though I tried to satisfy his Fatherly wish for me to acquire a good portion in education, I didn’t for a second relent on going after the desires of my heart. Today my dad is my number 1 fan.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
I have featured in “FUNS AND FACTS” on CRTV, ENIGMA and RUMBLE (2 TV series by Billybob), VOTARY(by Billybob), Obsession (by Achille Brice), Dealer (by Andrew Njanjo), NETWORK and INSIDER (all by Sergio Marcello).
- I have composed soundtracks for movies such as ENIGMA, DEALER and SONG BY THE RIVER
- Composed the first and lone Anthem for Mountain Race in 2014 performed by UB Choir
- Composed the best song for the 50th Anniversary of Reunification in Cameroon
- Composed Anthems for Private and Mission Schools in the South West Region of Cameroon
- Composed a good number of songs being performed today in Seminaries, schools and choirs.
- Done backups in M1 Studios and Alpha Beta Records from 2011-2016
- Music Director of UB Choir (2010-2011, 2012-2013). Admin Trainer UB Choir in 2014-2016
- Participated at the 2014 edition of MutzigStar completion and emerged 4th at the national level finals representing the South West Region
- Travelled to Estonia, Belgium and Germany in Europe for 6 weeks to participate in Ethno Summer camps in 2014 where I composed the best song among other participants titled “ETHNO IS HERE AGAIN” which was later used as an Anthem during performances. (check out “ethno is here again” on youtube)
- Travelled to South Korea with the FLAMES A CAPELLA under the invitation of a Korean Church for ministration and performances in churches and conferences.
- Recently done a collabo with my dad (Bobe Yerima Afo-Akom) titled “EDUCATION” which will soon be released in the market.
- I recently recorded a song in South Korea titled “NO BODY KNOWS” decrying the happenings in the 2 English Speaking parts of Cameroon and calling on the military and civilians to drop their guns.
I think I am set for the market now. I am ready to work with any music label in the world.
My advice to someone out there:
In as much as education is the key to success, your talent (if identifiable) is what will give you a satisfactory success. Stop having dreams. Have a single dream, pray hard and work hard to materialize it. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. When the time is nigh, your light will shine bright and the hustle will pay. Never try to be what you were not meant to be. But put all your energy on what you were meant to be.
In a bit to keep close to his growing fans across the nation, T Son releases a single early this year title “Mala Ma”. The song has been getting positive critics from fans in and around the country. Even though “Mala Ma” might seems to be T Son Eva’s debut single, the young upcoming has been releasing amazing hits for more than two years today.
The song is love jams. Download, listen and follow the star on every social media platform.